6. Would like to go shopping trip at
Wal-Mart and lunch out-Jericho Homemakers took 6 for breakfast at
Cracker Barrel and shopping trip-March 2007.
7. New Bible-Pleasureville Christian
Church (Cathy Clubb and Cathy Moore)-March 2007.
8. New Outfit and Purse from Wal
Mart-Pleasureville Chrisitan Church-March 2007.
9. Lunch at Our Best by Smithfield
Garden Club April 2007.
10. Resident visited daughter’s home
by Providence New Castle (previously known as Homestead).
11. New White Lab jacket with name on
it purchased for a resident - Pleasureville Christian Church.
12. Box of chocolates is being
decorated specially for a holiday and is being taken to a resident (an
Easter Bunny on top for Easter, Flags for Flag Day etc.!) by Zelma
13. Resident got to see her grandson
sing-by Providence New Castle (previously known as Homestead).
14. Resident got to go home for the
day-by Providence New Castle (previously known as Homestead).
15. 8 residents, 7 dream grantors,
and 5 staff members went to the Depot Restaurant in Pleasureville for
lunch and had a great time-by the Margaret Hayden Bible Group.
16. Trip to Dollar Tree and out to
17. Resident received a new pair of
blue jeans and a shirt from the Town and Country Homemaker Club.
18. Committee purchased a fabric
gazebo and 6 lawn chairs for the resident’s courtyard.
19. Ice Cream Party at Dairy Queen
sponsored by Eminence Christian Church June 12 for 12 residents and 6
staff members. Ice cream sponsored by Dairy Queen!
20. Trip to County Fair planned by
Saundra Smith (Lions sponsored Fair tickets and Our Best sponsored
24. 2 new dresses-(size 16)-Zelma &
25. The committee assisted with the
redecoration of the dinning room in a Cracker Barrel type theme.
26. Portable DVD Player for resident
who cannot speak and likes to sit in front hall and watch movies and yet
be close to the ‘action’ rather than in her room-by Young Adult Sunday
School Class at the New Castle United Methodist Church.
27. UK Outfit for sports fan-United
Methodist Women-New Castle.
28. Veteran’s Day Program-Alvin
29. Portable DVD player-by Cathy
30. Jim Prewitt provided a
demonstration and talk on carving/whittling.
31. Susan Coleman presented Virginia
with a painting of her little Jack Russell Terrier-Chris who is also a
resident at Providence New Castle (previously known as Homestead) Nursing Center!
32. Zelma Winchester provided a CD
player and an Alan Jackson tape to grant Barbara’s dream! Zelma had
wrapped the gift as a huge Easter present with egg decorated paper and a
33. “Mad Hatter Show” by Barbara Ann
Callahan-225 historical hats presented in celebration of Mother’s Day
and Derby Day to about 70 residents and community members. We also had
decorated hat cookies to celebrate the event.
34. Wheeler received white tennis
shoes size 12 wide-by Margaret Hayden.
35. Resident received two new outfits
from the United Methodist Women.
36. Trip to White Castle Sponsored by
New Castle Christian Women’s Fellowship in May 2008.
37. Staff Appreciation Day on June
13: Sandwiches sponsored by Alice Ferguson at Chat ‘n Nibble, cookies &
help by Margaret Hayden, Doug Kalbfleisch, Sue Barnett, Edith Tennill,
Wanda Thurman, Sharon Fields, Chips and Drinks sponsored by donation
from Shirley Sills, more drinks by Betty Peyton.
38. Edward -requests flowers to give
to his wife: unfortunately he died before the dream could be granted.
Sue and Margaret took a plant to his wife.
39. Margaret requested costume
jewelry-unfortunately she died before the dream could be granted. The
Busy Bee Club donated the jewelry to Providence New Castle
(previously known as Homestead) for their prom.
40. Alma wanted a new jump suit
(large) and a haircut and perm-granted by the United Methodist Women.
41 and 42. Betty wants an activity
mat that straps to her gerichair- Joe wants a sensory
object/ball-Committee voted $250 to be spent on these type accessories
for Providence New Castle (previously known as Homestead)-out of the Diversity Award money. Sue and Thelma were
purchasing one set.
43. Eva-requests new pants – Clothes
by Marilyn Rose, New Castle Baptist Church and Town and Country
44. Myrtle – new clothes taken on a
trip to the Catholic Church by Pleasureville Baptist Women.
45. Alvin – attended Harvest Showcase
and Lunch at the Farmers Market.
46. Lap Robe Project-18 lap robes
were made by Edith Tennill, Saundra Smith, Helen Coombs and Joyce
Spears. They were made from heavy white towels purchased by the New
Castle United Methodist Women. They also made 18 large wash cloths from
47. The committee purchased $250 in
activity mats, balls and apparatus for the Dementia Patients.
48. Nola received several beautiful
dresses thanks to Melodye Fletcher and Team Kids at Campbellsburg
Baptist church are planning to take her for a banana split this fall.
49. Margaret Hayden donated some
wooden stool woodworking kits that had belonged to her husband. Vicki
reported that the residents really loved them and especially enjoyed the
sanding! We have committed $100 to purchase some other woodworking
items. Sue is checking with her church and Colleen has offered to assist
50. Residents wanted to cook fresh
green beans, corn on the cob etc. The food service staff donated some
garden produce and the residents broke enough beans for dinner. They
loved doing it and wanted to break some more! A great opportunity to
stimulate conversation about “back when”.